People move all the time. I certainly did. In the last 5 years, I moved 4 times. I’m sure that’s probably not even a big deal to some. For me though, it was traumatic. For someone who has lived in the same place for 26 years and have gotten used to the life she was living for so long, it’s difficult to change your world and have to restart all over again. Luckily, after all the moves I’ve been doing in the last few years, I’ve become accustomed to moving to the point where it really isn’t that big of a deal anymore.
I started reading “The Happiness Project” yesterday and it gave me the extra “UMMPH” I needed to make the harrowing decision that has been on my mind a lot lately.
I want to move to Southern California.
In the Fall season of 2012, my plan is to be living in Southern California & attending CSU Northridge to get my MFA in Screenwriting. I’m sure I probably don’t really need the degree but I really want it in my background. Then again, maybe I should just jump right in and start writing. That’s another conversation to debate over in another time & post.
Right now, I just need to take steps to make this move a successful one so I decided to outline how I’m going to do this. This is my plan so far:
1) Lose weight. Skinny people make more money & that’s a fact.
2) Sell or give away everything in my storage space. This will save me $115 per month.
3) Find 3 people to write me a letter of recommendation. This is a requirement to get into the MFA program at CSUN.
4) Save money. I’ll be needing some cushion money.
5) Accumulate vacation time next year. I’ll be taking it all at once.
6) Find a job…or two. I really don’t mind working 2 part time jobs as long as it’s not a regular 9 – 5 position. I probably won’t get paid as high as I do now but I choose happiness over fortune, always.(I know this conflicts with #1 but I don’t wanna be fat AND homeless, sheesh!)
7) Move & be happier.
I’m already a pretty happy person so that’s my plan towards my pursuit of happierness. I don’t know how successful I will be but I’m putting faith in myself that I can do this, that I WILL do this. It’s scary but in life, you have to take risks, right? So many people around me say they are not happy with their life but they don’t do anything about it or they feel they cannot do anything about it. I disagree. We all deserve to smile. Changes can be scary but you’d never know if it was worth it unless you make it.